Mount Carmel Secondary School
Mount Carmel Secondary School, Kings Inns, Dublin 1
- CLIENT: Board of Management of Mount Carmel Girls Secondary School, King’s Inns Street, Dublin 1. Works involve the construction of a 3 Storey Extension over Basement to the Side of the existing GP Hall with Associated Site Works including new Boundary wall and railing to Bolton St.
- The new building is a Part 3 Storey Part 2 Storey Building and is attached to the existing gable of the 2 Storey over Basement GP Hall. The Site is surrounded by multi storey residential over commercial development on the opposite side of Bolton Street and by the College of Technology on Kings Inns Street, Dublin 1.
- The New Building includes for combination of Materials such as selected Brick Cladding, Zinc Cladding and Aluminium Fenestration to complement the materials of the original School Structures (constructed 1939-1941).
- The building also required bored piled foundations due the City centre location which was carried out by our specialist Mc Donnell Piling from Cork.
- The site was extremely difficult and access by construction vehicles and teams was planned very carefully before 7am each morning.